Reasons Why You Should Have an eCommerce Website Today
1. Attract New Customers with Search
The immediate value-add of your site is attracting new customers. With eCommerce websites, this is done through a process called search engine optimization.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results.
According to Business Insider, most shoppers are using search engine before they decide to buy. This means that if you are not showing up in search engine results you are closing yourself off from the primary way consumers shop in 2019.
Showing up in search results has incredible value for any type of business, and having an eCommerce website is the first step to results.
To appear in these results, you have to have an online address.
Once you have your ecomm up and running, there are many low-effort tactics you can implement to allow your site to rank highly for keywords and phrases associated with your business and its products.
Many SMBs see great results by focusing on local business SEO to increase their sales in brick & mortar stores.
2. Make Money Online
In all business, money is math. The more places you offer you products, the more chances you have to make sales. That’s is pretty straightforward.
Creating an online store opens up a whole new opportunity to generate revenue.
Not only will you have the sales that your physical business creates, but you’ll also have this new area of your business that will be generating additional sales online.
Who shops online? Big Commerce studies show:
- Millennials and Gen X. This generation accounts for 50% more time shopping online each week (six hours) than the older generation (four hours).
- Everyone else. Seniors, Baby Boomers, and Gen X are ‘adding to cart,’ as well. 56% of Gen X prefer to search and purchase on eCommerce sites rather than in-store; 41% of baby boomers and even 28% of seniors prefer online to offline shopping.
- All Geographies. While it may seem counterintuitive, urban citizen have greater proximity to physical stores, yet online shoppers in major metropolitan areas spend more money on eCommerce websites ($853) than suburban shoppers ($768), and even those isolated in rural areas ($684).
- Men. Men reported spending 28% more online than women during the past year.
With data like this, it becomes clear that all businesses must have an online website.
3. Customer Convenience
Small business owners know, their focus cannot only rest on dollars and cents. Another reason to have an online eCommerce website…it will do wonders for your customer experience.
There’s incredible convenience afforded by a website.
Customers can check necessary information like your store hours, phone number or address, which helps drive in-person sales.
Additionally, if customers are busy, move away or can’t get out to your store for another reason, the website provides the convenience of being able to shop from anywhere.
4. New Market Acquisitions
When you take your business online, its reach expands.
Your products can be seen and purchased by people all over, while with a traditional physical location, you are limited by time and space.
Basically, an eCommerce website creates endless possibilities and new markets to explore, and cultivate, for new sales and revenue opportunities.
If you think your products are a hit in your hometown, why not bring those experiences to people in other places?